Market Access Made Easy
Equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres must comply with a range of regulations, standards and directives before they can be placed into the market. As a manufacturer, you are responsible for the conformity assessment, and for obtaining the certification required in the country your equipment will be used in.
The European Union (EU) Directive 2014/34/EU, commonly called “ATEX”, covers electrical and non-electrical equipment used in potentially explosive atmospheres. It relates to all equipment, protective systems, safety devices, controlling devices, regulating devices, and components – which must comply with essential health and safety requirements.
Advantages of Appointing a Global Certification Partner
TÜV Rheinland supports manufacturers who want to sell their products internationally. By ensuring that your equipment is explosion protected and certified, we can help you access global markets more easily.
For example, in Japan, the Japanese TIIS certificate can be issued based on an IECEx-report and certificate or an ATEX certificate issued by TÜV Rheinland, without requiring further approval by the Japanese government. This significantly reduces your Time-to-Market and makes trade more cost-effective.
Your Benefits at a Glance
With our comprehensive solutions for explosion protection, you can:
- Ensure product safety and compliance with occupational health and safety requirements worldwide.
- Reach full compliance and certification prior to product placement.
- Gain competitive advantage and greater market access with certification marks from an international Notified Body.
- Access a common shared-networked database, reducing waiting time for documents to be transferred between agencies through conventional methods.
- Significantly reduce approval time and cost by using harmonized standards and common test protocols.
For more information, read our full article on Conformity Assessment of Equipment According to ATEX/IECEx Directives, or speak to one of our experts on Industrial certification today: