Solar solutions for a sustainable future
As a globally recognized specialist in photovoltaic (PV) module certification, TÜV Rheinland has taken on the role of Silver Sponsor of the forthcoming Africa Renewable Energy Leader’s Summit in Kenya in April 2017.
Leading authorities and experts will be discussing the long-term potential of implementing PV module technology in Sub-Saharan Africa. By focusing on current political and infrastructure-related challenges in this region, the summit will provide a forum for sharing ideas on the introduction of feasible solar energy solutions for a sustainable future.
The Dubai-based solar energy business specialist from TÜV, Joseph Abi Nader, is a panel speaker and will be available to answer technical, legal and finance-related questions about PV plants and their components.
Key topics of the African renewable energy leader’s summit
The panel discussions take place over two consecutive days and will include the following topics:
• Market potential for PV technology and solar energy storage
• Investing in micro- and mini-grids
• Workable solutions for pay-as-you-go solar power for off-grid households
• Advantages of battery storage technologies
• Development of sustainable PV energy programs
• The future of solar energy in Africa
The event is aimed at policy makers, PV plant developers, investors, advisors, and solar experts.
Panel speakers of ARELS
• Cornelius Matthes, CEO Pawame, Kenya
• Jesse Moore, CEO M-KOPA Solar, Tanzania
• Joseph Abi Nader, Business Development Manager Solar Energy MENA, TÜV Rheinland
• Sander Trestain, Founder and COO Enviromental Power Systems, Abu Dhabi
• Conrad Whitaker, Global Distributor Delivery Manager Azuri Technologies, Kenya
• Aleem Tharani, Partner Anjarwalla & Khanna, Kenya
• Charles Muchunku, Independent Renewable Energy Consultant, Kenya
• Caroline N. Kimathi, Renewable Energy Manager, Energy Regulatory Commission, Kenya
• Dr. Nabih Cherradi, CTO Desert Technologies, Saudi Arabia
• Lynne Wells, Senior Associate Banking and Finance, Eversheds Sutherlands, UK
The summit takes place from 4 to 5 April 2017 at the Intercontinental Hotel in Nairobi, Kenya (Africa). Be part of it and join us at the ARELS 2017.
Intercontinental Hotel Nairobi,