TÜV Rheinland's Quarterly Newsletter from Market Access Services
Get your product to international and developing markets faster with help from TÜV Rheinland. Our experts are fully versed in various international standards and approval requirements for global compliance, and can manage the required testing and product certification.
Our Market Access Newsletter provides insight and expert knowledge on the latest regulations, certifications, drafts and amendments for a range of countries to help manufacturers stay informed, ensuring continued market access for your products.
Latest Updates for Countries in the Middle East
EgyptIn May 2018, the Egypt Ministry of Commerce and Industry issued Ministerial Decision No. 477/2018 requiring the listed products to comply with designated standards within a six-months transition period:
- No. 6000-1 Household Refrigerating Appliances - Characteristics and Test Methods - Part 1: General Requirements
- No. 5055-1 Surgical instruments – metallic materials Part : 1 Stainless steel
- No. 1595-1 Rubber Gloves Used for Medical Purposes Part : 1 Single-use Sterile Rubber Surgical Gloves
- No.3794 Energy Efficiency of Household and Similar Electrical Appliances Measurement And Calculation Methods for Energy Consumption of Refrigerators, Refrigerator-Freezers and Freezers
- No. 6000-2 Household Refrigerating Appliances - Characteristics and Test Methods - Part 2 : Performance Requirements
- No. 7322 Essential requirements of safety and healthy in leather, leather product and its parts
- No. 5492 Domestic and Kitchen Storage Units and Worktops. Safety Requirements and Test Methods
- No. 3795-1 Energy Efficiency Label Requirements for Air Conditioner Part 2: Variable Capacity Room Air Conditioner (Window - Split) With Variable Speed Compressor
- No. 3571 Footwear and Its Parts
- No.6000-3 Household Refrigerating Appliances - Characteristics and Test Methods - Part 3: Energy Consumption and Volume
- No. 4101 Requirement for gas vehicles design and installation of filling station
- No. 8057 Energy Efficiency of Household Electrical Appliances Methods for Measuring and Calculating Energy Efficiency of Vacuum Cleaners
- No. 3572 Sport Shoes and Its Parts
United Arab EmiratesThe ESMA has notified all manufacturers and traders of regulated products that many certificates of conformity issued by the ESMA have expired. The ESMA conducts random market surveillance activities during which it is important to demonstrate valid certification in order to avoid penalties or legal actions. Manufacturers and traders are recommended to apply for a new certificate of conformity two months before the actual expiration date.
For more information, speak with our experts: