It is possible for you to export faster and easier if you are an Authorized Economic Operator.
But what is an Authorized Economic Operator?
AEOs are the companies ensuring the security of their supply chain, carry out their operations in cooperation with customs authorities and benefit from designated facilitations, organise and implement their business processes according to the safety and security measures determined by customs authorities based on international standards.
It is a status for companies whom would like to customs clearance of goods directly from their plants. If you are certified as an AEO you can use the rights of “Customs Clearance From the Location”, “Authorized Sender” or “Authorized Receiver”
AEO is eligible in 53 countries by signing of Mutual Recognition Agreements (MRA) and given by Customs and Trade Ministry.
This status allows you to:
- Ask for the right of local clearance and authorized consignor & consignee,
- Use lump-sum guarantees,
- Use partial guarantees,
- Issue A.TR circulation documents,
- Issue EUR.MED invoice declaration,
- Submit incomplete declaration and documents,
- Facilitation for free alongside ship declaration,
- Laboratory analysis report facilitations,
- Facilitations on similarity checks,
- Summary declaration with reduced data,
- Blue-line facilitations,
- Blue-line facilitations on free alongside ship declarations,
- Fewer documentary and physical controls beside control priorities.
What are your advantages?
A) Convenience of Simplified Procedures:
- On-site customs clearance at the export (the export commodity can be processed at its own premises without presenting it to the export customs administration)
- Authorized sender (able to dispatch the transit person from his own premises without presenting it to the customs authorities)
- On-site customs clearance (the import goods can be processed from their own premises without presenting them to the customs authorities)
- Authorized consignee (able to transport the transit consignee to their premises without presenting them to the customs office of destination)
- In collateral transactions, instead of separate collateral for each transaction, it is possible to provide a predetermined indefinite and undefined collateral amount within the scope of collateral application,
- Providing partial collateral for collateral transactions,
- It is possible to arrange A.TR movement document without approval and visa procedures for customs offices,
- Regardless of the value of the match, the invoice declaration and EUR.MED invoice declaration can be arranged,
- Being able to find a document with missing documents,
- Ability to benefit from on-board processing without limitation,
- Incomplete document and declaration and on-board processing ease can be used,
- To submit an analysis report taken up to 6 months prior to the importation of the set designated by the Customs Regulation,
- Receiving the delivery of the material determined by the Customs Regulations without receiving the analysis results,
- Receiving the delivery of the petroleum and its derivatives that cannot be presented before the bill of lading,
- Ability to make use of different arrangements to be made in the Ministry for property identification.
B) Facilities for Controlling the Statement:
- Imports and exports can be processed on the green line which is the line where the goods inspection and document control are not carried out,
- Green Line can be used in over-the-counter operations,
- Fewer documents can be checked or examined,
- In the event that a document check or examination is to be carried out, these actions may be carried out first.
C) Safety and Security Facilities:
- Providing summary declarations of reduced compulsory information,
- Less subject to customs controls on security and security based on summary statements or summarized documents or used as summary statements,
- Where customs controls relating to safety and security are to be carried out,
Be able to make priority switching from border gates.
What are the conditions to become an AEO?
Turkish Customs and Trade Ministry declares that in 4 headlines;1. Trustworthy
2. Reliable and traceable documentation
3. Financial Qualification
4. Safety and security
The second and fourth requirements refer to ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certification.
So to become a AEO, you have to be certified regarding to ISO 9001 and ISO 27001
For more information, please contact us to speak to one of our experts.
Aslı Abay worked almost 10 years in Quality Manager Position for one of the top 100 companies in Turkey, she decided to work in Sales and Marketing of Quality Management System business and worked for a couple companies. And now She is working in TÜV Rheinland family as Aegean Region Sales Manager.