By Mr. Ajay Menon, Asst. Vice President, Academy and Life Care
Organizations around the world are recognizing the value of Reliability Engineering - creating a durable product that delights customers. In Reliability Engineering, professionals are trained on different aspects of product development such as designing, prediction analysis, estimation, and performance demonstration of a product throughout its life cycle, for failure-free operation.In short, Reliability Engineering training exposes professionals, whether at the entry or higher levels, to theory and practice thereby improving their engineering skills. Mr. Ajay Menon, Asst. Vice President, Academy and Life Care talks about the benefits of Reliability Engineering, tools and applications used by a Reliability Engineer and the Reliability Engineering Professional Program offered by TÜV Rheinland.
What is Reliability Engineering?
The probability of success of one’s business is dependent on the reliability of the product that it offers. A company’s reputation and trust is directly proportional to the reliability of its products and offerings. Reliable products/offerings increase customer loyalty and build a customer base for repeat business.
Due to technological advancement, businesses require resources that help them to minimize errors in process and establish reliability in the market. Who better than a Reliability Engineer to carry out these roles!
TÜV Rheinland’s Reliability Engineering certification will help to enable the appropriate technical competencies of engineering professionals. The training familiarizes a professional with the core concepts in Reliability Engineering mathematics and helps them focus on the fundamentals of various reliability techniques and methodologies. As a Certified Reliability Professional, they will be able to address and resolve issues in both production and operation domains.
Tools and applications used by a Reliability Engineer
In the Reliability Engineering program professionals will learn:
Reliability tools - FMEA, FTA, RBD & Redundancy, and Boolean Truth Table Method to analyze and interpret various data.
Life data analysis - MLE (Maximum Likelihood Estimator) for exponential distribution and graphical method for Weibull-Normal distributions to predict the life of a product.
Accelerated Life Testing Introduction (ALT) and qualitative test methods including Highly Accelerated Life Test (HALT) Highly Accelerated Stress Screen (HASS) to find defects in products by exposing them to various conditions.
How does an organization benefit from Reliability Engineering?
A Reliability Engineering certification through TÜV Rheinland’s Reliability Engineering Professional Program will help the organization to upscale, besides:
- Enhancing its reputation
- Ensuring Customer satisfaction
- Improving the cost-effectiveness of the Product
Nowadays, customers are aware of the advantages of reliability evaluation at an early stage of product design. Reliability Engineering can help minimize the production cost by introducing efficient and effective processes focusing on the manufacturing cost, holding cost and maintenance cost.
How does this program help professionals?
TÜV Rheinland’s Reliability Engineering Program helps participants to -
- develop their analytical skill
- enable good understanding of various engineering principles
- gain knowledge in various RE Techniques and testing methods
- gain expertise in Life Data Analysis and various reliability calculations
Any individual pursuing a Reliability Engineering Certification will not only help their businesses to minimize errors but also open doors for themselves to enhance their career prospects.
Why should a Professional take up Reliability Engineering Course from TÜV Rheinland?
With 146 Years of experience in the field of testing, certification, inspection and training, TÜV Rheinland has the right mix of theory and relevant practical experience to add value to the participants’ learning experience. TÜV Rheinland’s global network of highly qualified technical experts walk a participant through the basics of Reliability Engineering with live projects and case study discussions.
The training is specifically designed to introduce the concepts of Reliability Engineering in an interactive learning environment and helps to translate theory into best practices through live case studies, quiz, project assignment, classroom training, group discussions, test, and evaluation. Attention is given to various challenges faced by organizations and how they can be resolved.
Participants receive a ‘Certificate of Participation’ after the successful completion of the training assessment.
- Basics of Reliability Engineering, Failure and Failure Analysis (Electronic and Mechanical parts), Statistics and Probability Recap, Failure Rates and MTBF understanding, Lifetime Distributions, Stress – Strength Interference, Q&A.
- Basics of Reliability Prediction, Prediction using MIL-217, Prediction using NSWC, Human Reliability and Software Reliability, FMECA, Q&A.
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Exercises in FTA, Reliability Block Diagram (RBD), Redundancy, RBD Calculations, RBD Boolean Truth Table, RBD Exercise, Project selection, and discussion
- Project presentation and discussions, maintainability and availability, availability calculations for serial and parallel systems, life data analysis, probability plotting exercises for Weibull and normal distributions, MLE estimate calculation for exponential distribution, practical – case study, basics of Highly Accelerated Life Test (HALT), Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS), Q&A, Reliability Qualitative testing methods (OLCT & PRAT), Accelerated Life Test, Recap of the course, Certification Examination
For more information, or to contact one of our experts, click below: