1) The manufacturers shall submit the conformity certificates attached with one report of compliance to one type of vehicle for GSO 42/2015 for each category in that batch on the format supplied by GSO for 2017 model year vehicle.
2) The report should be complete with results and explanation of that vehicle without any references to other test reports of compliances to other GSO regulations submitted before or carried out for previous year models.
3) As a supporting document tests carried out for the new safety items specified such as (ABS, ESC, OBD, TPMS, and BTOS) in GSO 42/2015 may be submitted.
4) After reviewing the conformity certificates and the report, GSO will send the comments and request for a visit to check the compliance to GSO 42/2015 for the vehicles produced for GCC countries for 20 17 Model Year.
5) GSO will then inform the manufacturer concern which safety items to be tested and witnessed.
6) After the manufacturer start producing the vehicles GSO will visit and inspect the installation of safety items according to GSO 42/2015 on the line and carry out the performance test of the safety items on the test track.
7) The manufacturer can request for the conformity certificates to be approve in order to start the production, GSO will approve the certificates on condition that GSO will visit the production facility once started production to check the installation of the safety items indicated in GSO 42/2015 on the assembly line and carry out the performance tests.
Please note that no exemption or delays will be granted for the implementation of the safety item for the 2017 model year vehicles. Source: GCC Standardization Organization (GSO).
For more information on our motor vehicle testing and certification solutions, please visit our website or contact us to speak to one of our experts.