Starting from January 1st 2019, the current conformity program by the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) has been replaced by the Saudi Product Safety Program (SALEEM). With this, the SASO has developed a new online portal called SABER system.
The SABER is an online network system tool launched by the Saudi Standards for the purpose of product registration, distribution, and acquisition of a complete set of paperless office systems for compliance with the Shipment Certificate.
In the new conformity assessment specification, the product will be differentiated according to the product's customs code (Harmonised System (HS) code). Controlled products must meet the requirements of the new technical specifications (TRs). Thus far, SABER has placed 36 categories of products under control and one can expect additional product categories to be included in future.
Shipment certificate as per the new SABER program for each invoiced consignment is mandatory for clearance at KSA ports & borders.
TÜV Rheinland shall render all possible assistance with the transition and facilitate the certification process. Upon your affirmation we shall send you the detailed service offer to initiate the process.
We recommend you to obtain the valid product certificate (PC) and shipment certificate (SC) before planning the shipment dispatch.
We stay at your disposal for any clarification or support that you may require.
- Importer creates an account on SABER platform.
- Importer adds Product information on SABER platform for obtaining Product Certificate (PC).
- Importer selects Certification Body (CB) such as TÜV Rheinland, for issuance of PC.
- Payment of PC Fees.
- TÜV Rheinland accesses the SABER platform to check the requests from Importers and contact them to get the required technical documents.
- TÜV Rheinland facilitates the Conformity Assessment Process, and is linked with the supplier for submission of all substantiating documents.
- TÜV Rheinland verifies the results and issues the Product Certificate accordingly.
- Importer applies for a shipment certificate and selects the items which will be shipped and mentioned in his commercial invoice.
For more information, speak with our experts: